[jsr362-experts:] Re: JSR 362 Ajax Proposal (Alternate)
- From: Kito Mann <
- To: "
>, Neil Griffin <
- Subject: [jsr362-experts:] Re: JSR 362 Ajax Proposal (Alternate)
- Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2014 13:11:38 -0500
First of all, I'd like to say I really like this proposal. It's fairly
simple and covers the existing user stories well. I have a few
questions/comments that we didn't have time to discuss in the call today:
* In the JS API, what exactly is the portlet ID? Is it something they
developer can retreive programmatically, or is it arbitrary?
* In the JS API, what is the portletType? I see "Java" as an example..not
really sure how this would be used.
* We should consider a more descriptive name for portletState event;
* The portletState object in the example response looks good, but I don't
see why the portlet container wouldn't automatically send the updated
parameters and fire the portletState event instead of leaving it up to the
Kito D. Mann | @kito99 | Author, JSF in Action
Virtua, Inc. | http://www.virtua.com
;| JSF/Java EE training and consulting
* Listen to the Enterprise Java Newscast: *http://w
* JSFCentral Interviews Podcast:
* Sign up for the JSFCentral Newsletter: http://oi.vresp.com/?fid=ac048d0e17
On Mon, Jan 27, 2014 at 12:57 PM, Neil Griffin <
> Dear Colleagues,
> Here is a link to a new 229kb PDF document titled "JSR 362 Ajax Proposal
> (I tried to upload it to
> https://java.net/projects/portletspec3/downloadsbut must not have adequate
> Scott is graciously giving me time during tomorrow's call in order to
> verbally lead you all through the document.
> Best Regards to all,