[jsr362-observers:] [jsr362-experts:] Portlet State Handling Proposal
- From: Martin Scott Nicklous <
- Subject: [jsr362-observers:] [jsr362-experts:] Portlet State Handling Proposal
- Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2013 11:13:48 +0200
- List-id: <jsr362-experts.portletspec3.java.net>
I mentioned in the last meeting that I had some ideas about changes to
portlet state (parameter) handling that would potentially make the
interface clearer and easier to use. I would like to submit these for your
consideration & for discussion in our next meeting.
I made some prototypical changes to the API and put them into separate
branches in the porteltspec3 repository on Github. There are three
proposals, each of which are tagged. The tags are:
* PortletState-Variant#1 - Introduces interfaces for parameter access that
are extended by the appropriate request, response, and URL interfaces.
* PortletState-Variant#2 - A refinement of #1.
* PortletState-Variant#3 - Introduces a PortletState interface with a new
model of how to handle parameters.
If you clone the portletspec3 repository, you should have everything
available. You can build the apidocs locally by checking out the target
with (for example) "git checkout PortletState-Variant#3" and using "mvn
install" followed by "mvn javadoc:javadoc" to build it. For each of the
variants, the overview document contains a link to a diagram providing some
explanatory information. The later diagrams include the older diagrams, so
if you build variant #3, the overview document will point to a PDF file
containing all charts.
I also put the charts up on our project site in case you just want to view
the charts without dealing with the repository. See: