Re: API simplification scope
- From: Wei Chen <
- To: <
- Subject: Re: API simplification scope
- Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2012 18:37:36 -0700
Here is my wish list (probably not just simplification)
1. Better modeling on B2BUA to make it as easy as Proxy.
2. More pluggable to add utilities/services
3. More 3GPP aware, e.g. ISC interface support
4. Websocket and WebRTC integration will be very interesting. This probably
will attract more eyeballs on the market than anything else.
5. Other SIP extension support, such as session timer.
Some of the J2EE stuff is good but I prefer not drag too much J2EE stuff
High level framework should be built on top of servlet model, I think.
- Wei Chen
On 9/13/12 2:35 AM, "Binod"
> Here are the options proposed in yesterday's meeting for
> simplifying the SIP Servlet API.
> 1. Small Changes :
> Make incremental changes to the apis. Eg: Add more methods
> to existing interfaces like B2BUahelper etc. Do nothing more.
> 2. Big Changes:
> - Utilize Java EE 6 and 7 features to simplify the programming
> - Eg: Define JCDI custom scopes like SipSessionScoped or
> SipApplicationSessionScoped, Use JCDI @Observes to listen
> to SIP messages, Use AsyncContext of Servlet 3.0 for SIP etc.
> - Make the API more pluggable to add utilities/services in a
> generic way. We only have B2BUaHelper now.
> 3. Huge Changes:
> - Standardize high level communication services like call control,
> Instant Messaging and Presence.
> Please reply with your opinion. Also note that, we are only defining
> the scope for now.