Skip to main content

Re: API simplification scope

  • From: Binod < >
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: API simplification scope
  • Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2012 10:47:55 +0530

I have the same opinion as well, given the aggressive
time-line we are trying to meet.

thanks,
Binod.

On Friday 14 September 2012 01:44 PM, Jean Deruelle wrote:
" type="cite">Given the aggressive time line of the JSR, I would be in favor of 2 and leave 3. for respective vendors or framework providers to define, implement, based on the new JSR and let their respective communities provide feedback.
This can be incorporated in a later maintenance revision of the spec if we succeed to meet to those aggressive timelines.

Best Regards,
Jean

On Thu, Sep 13, 2012 at 11:35 AM, Binod < " target="_blank"> > wrote:
Hi,

Here are the options proposed in yesterday's meeting for
simplifying the SIP Servlet API.

1. Small Changes :
    Make incremental changes to the apis. Eg:  Add more methods
    to existing interfaces like B2BUahelper etc. Do nothing more.
2. Big Changes:
    - Utilize Java EE 6 and 7 features to simplify the programming
    - Eg: Define JCDI custom scopes like SipSessionScoped or
      SipApplicationSessionScoped, Use JCDI @Observes to listen
      to SIP messages, Use AsyncContext of Servlet 3.0 for SIP etc.
    - Make the API more pluggable to add utilities/services in a
      generic way. We only have B2BUaHelper now.
3. Huge Changes:
    - Standardize high level communication services like call control,
      Instant Messaging and Presence.

Please reply with your opinion. Also note that, we are only defining
the scope for now.

thanks,
Binod.

API simplification scope