Skip to main content

Re: SIP Over WebSockets

  • From: Binod < >
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: SIP Over WebSockets
  • Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2012 21:25:03 +0530

Title: Re: SIP Over WebSockets
For almost all practical purposes, SIP Servlet would work irrespective of the
low-level API it uses.

However, given JSR 356 is an API that will make it to Java EE 7, if for
some feature, we need to expose the underlying websocket to the application,
that is the only api, we can depend on.

For example, application might be interested in getting the request URI
that the websocket session might have opened under.

thanks,
Binod.

On Monday 24 September 2012 05:48 PM, Thomas Leseney wrote:
" type="cite"> Hi Wei,

As far as I understand JSR356, it should only be relevant to WebSockets stack implementations. SIP over Websockets should not depend on an particular low-level API since it is not (unless I miss something) exposed at the servlet user level.

Regards,

Thomas

Le 19 sept. 2012 à 21:25, Wei Chen < "> > a écrit :

Thomas,

Do you have any specifics about using JSR 356 to integrate with SIP Servlet? I am on that EG as well so maybe able to pass some comments over.

Thanks.

- Wei Chen

On 9/18/12 12:12 AM, "Thomas Leseney" < "> > wrote:

We are also very interested in SIP Over Websockets integration. Although it is still an early draft, it is plain-vanilla SIP and could be easily added to SIP Servlets with little (or even no) impact (JSR356 might be too low-level ?).

We have several users using SIP Over Websockets with our SIP AS and one question that was raised a few times is the ability to find out when the incoming Websockets connection is closed. Since in most scenarios (nearly all actually) Websockets can only be opened by the SIP client, it may be useful for the SIP Servlets application to know whether the WS connection is still alive. This is more low-level than the current SIP Servlets abstractions but it may be worth being discussed. This could also be useful for SIP Outbound implementation.

Regards,

Thomas

Le 14 sept. 2012 à 10:21, Jean Deruelle < "> > a écrit :

Hi all,

Since WebRTC and SIP Over Websockets is part of the topics of the spec, I noticed that a new JSR was under specification as well regarding the WebSockets topic, please see http://java.net/projects/websocket-spec and http://jcp.org/en/jsr/detail?id=356
This is something we may want to watch and potentially integrate with in a nice way.

Best Regards,
Jean

SIP Over WebSockets

Jean Deruelle 09/14/2012