Skip to main content

Meeting Notes.

  • From: Binod < >
  • To:
  • Subject: Meeting Notes.
  • Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2013 10:19:09 +0530

Attendees: Tom, Eric, Keith, Brian, Jonas, Nitzan, Jean, Binod (Sorry, if I missed anyone).

SIP Outbound.
-------------------
- Here is what I think we had consensus on.
- Use a simple form of api, where container do most of the work on the same lines
as we decided on F2F. We will augment that with an API that allow application (registrar)
  to directly handle the flow.
- So, application will call SipServletRequest.setReuseConnection (feel free to suggest name changes)
to indicate to the container that it handle RFC 5626 for various kind of sip entities.
- Application can use methods like SipServletRequest.getInitialRemoteSipURI and getLocalSipURI
  to obtain an identity of the flow as per Jean's proposal.
- Application can later on use session/proxy/proxybranch.setFlow(initialRemoteSipuri, localSipURI)
  to elect that flow and we will not use setOutboundInterface for the same.
- From an application composition perspective, it is similar to 14.2.1 of the spec.
o The settings of the last proxy application in a chain that used the outbound apis will be used
        by the container and that will override any previous settings.
o If the chain contains a UAS, then the previous settings will not be relevant anymore to the remaining
        applications.
- The FlowEventListener (may be name it a callback?) can be set on the register request by the application.
- The FlowEvent will only return SipURIs.

SIP Servlet POJO.
-----------------------
- We did not conclude the discussion on this topic.
- There is one suggestion from EG to use a Matcher sort of mechanism to match the requests based
  on request uri etc (similar to the mechanism used in servlet mapping).
- Binod to continue incorporate Matcher to the design.

thanks,
Binod.

Meeting Notes.

Binod 02/07/2013

Re: Meeting Notes.

Lewis, Keith 02/07/2013

Re: Meeting Notes.

Jean Deruelle 02/13/2013

On SIP Outbound and app composition (Re: Meeting Notes.)

Eric Cheung 02/08/2013

Re: On SIP Outbound and app composition (Re: Meeting Notes.)

Binod 02/08/2013

Re: On SIP Outbound and app composition (Re: Meeting Notes.)

Eric Cheung 02/08/2013

Re: On SIP Outbound and app composition (Re: Meeting Notes.)

Lewis, Keith 02/09/2013

Re: On SIP Outbound and app composition (Re: Meeting Notes.)

Eric Cheung 02/11/2013

Re: On SIP Outbound and app composition (Re: Meeting Notes.)

Lewis, Keith 02/12/2013

Re: On SIP Outbound and app composition (Re: Meeting Notes.)

Eric Cheung 02/13/2013

Re: On SIP Outbound and app composition (Re: Meeting Notes.)

Lewis, Keith 02/13/2013