Re: SIP Dialog termination proposal
- From: Binod <
- Subject: Re: SIP Dialog termination proposal
- Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2013 15:04:41 +0530
On Wednesday 20 February 2013 10:06 PM, Eric Cheung wrote:
Attached is the updated proposal based on discussion at the F2F.
- Jean earlier brought up the question about Proxy generating BYE.
I guess we are not supporting that through this interface? We should
clarify either way.
- Exact procedure for termination as per the proposal is left to the
container vendor. Wont that create non-portability? For example,
may be terminated by CANCEL or BYE. That gives the container the freedom
to use any of those methods. But the actual call flow will be
- For the developers who are not well versed with SIP, they may expect
the sipsession.terminateDialog to work even for non-dialog requests like
OPTIONS. It seems like from your proposal, it is a no-op. Is that okay?