Skip to main content

Re: B2B/PendingMessage Discussion/ Meeting notes

  • From: "Lewis, Keith" < >
  • To: jsr359-experts < >
  • Subject: Re: B2B/PendingMessage Discussion/ Meeting notes
  • Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2013 01:55:47 +0100

If we define new interfaces for responses it may be better to have them reflect the class of the response i.e. SipProvisionalResponse, SipSuccessResponse etc. We would then define

SipProvisionalResponse.createPrack()
SipSuccessResponse.createAck()

I am not sure that we need all the interfaces in Eric's list but if we do go down this road it would be good to avoid the need for casting in Pojo Servlets. The container could also use the method signature as part of the method selection procedure for Pojos. Perhaps we could allow the following

@SipMessageHandler
public void handleInviteRequest(SipInviteRequest request) {
//...
}

@SipMessageHandler
public void handleSuccessResponse(SipSuccessResponse response) {
//...
}

Is this too radical a departure from the EDR proposal?
Personally I wonder whether the existing Pojo proposal is too complex.
What do people think?

Keith

On Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 4:18 PM, Binod < " target="_blank"> > wrote:
On Thursday 13 June 2013 04:09 PM, Binod wrote:
Hi Eric,

On Thursday 13 June 2013 12:56 AM, Eric Cheung wrote:
Hi Binod

To clarify 1(A), is this proposal to define new interface classes to represent requests and responses of all SIP methods, and initially only SipInviteRequest will define several methods?
Here are some other methods that could go to appropriate interfaces.

pushPath -> SipRegisterRequest
createAck, createPrack -> SipInviteResponse
getAcknowledgedRequest -> SipAckRequest, SipPrackRequest
Sorry please read the above method as getAcknowledgedResponse...

thanks,
Binod.

Otherwise, yes, all other interfaces are pretty empty.

thanks,
Binod.

i.e.
SipAckRequest
SipByeRequest
SipCancelRequest
SipInfoRequest
SipInviteRequest
SipMessageRequest
SipNotifyRequest
SipOptionsRequest
SipPrackRequest
SipReferRequest
SipRegisterRequest
SipSubscribeRequest
SipUpdateRequest

SipAckResponse
SipByeResponse
SipCancelResponse
SipInfoResponse
SipInviteResponse
SipMessageResponse
SipNotifyResponse
SipOptionsResponse
SipPrackResponse
SipReferResponse
SipRegisterResponse
SipSubscribeResponse
SipUpdateResponse

(I may be missing some SIP methods)

Thanks
Eric

--
Keith

--------------------
Note: The information contained in this message may be privileged and confidential
and protected from disclosure. If the reader of this message is not the intended
recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or
communication in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message and
deleting it from your computer. Thank you. Thrupoint, Inc.
nXaR2cC3

B2B/PendingMessage Discussion/ Meeting notes

Binod 06/06/2013

Re: B2B/PendingMessage Discussion/ Meeting notes

George Vagenas 06/07/2013

Re: B2B/PendingMessage Discussion/ Meeting notes

Jonas Borjesson 06/12/2013

Re: B2B/PendingMessage Discussion/ Meeting notes

George Vagenas 06/12/2013

Re: B2B/PendingMessage Discussion/ Meeting notes

Eric Cheung 06/12/2013

Re: B2B/PendingMessage Discussion/ Meeting notes

Binod 06/13/2013

Re: B2B/PendingMessage Discussion/ Meeting notes

Binod 06/13/2013

Re: B2B/PendingMessage Discussion/ Meeting notes

Lewis, Keith 06/15/2013

Re: B2B/PendingMessage Discussion/ Meeting notes

Binod 06/14/2013

Re: B2B/PendingMessage Discussion/ Meeting notes

Eric Cheung 06/17/2013

Re: B2B/PendingMessage Discussion/ Meeting notes

Binod 06/18/2013

Re: B2B/PendingMessage Discussion/ Meeting notes

Lewis, Keith 06/20/2013

Re: B2B/PendingMessage Discussion/ Meeting notes

Binod 06/20/2013

Re: B2B/PendingMessage Discussion/ Meeting notes

Lewis, Keith 06/20/2013

Re: B2B/PendingMessage Discussion/ Meeting notes

Binod 06/21/2013