Skip to main content

Re: Meeting Notes (and the DAR)

  • From: Eric Cheung < >
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: Meeting Notes (and the DAR)
  • Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2014 11:42:50 -0400

I went back through the email discussions on the DAR, and Brian's original issue (2012-11-07) of an app acting as UAC sends initial request with NEW directive gets invoked (undesirably) by the DAR.

Then on 2014-02-13 Nitzan suggested:
1) AR can get the name of the originating app
2) if the new request is originated by an app, then the app is not invoked. Instead the next app in the chain gets invoked.

I think Nitzan's most recent email (2014-03-25) alludes to the need of AR to get the name of the originating app as well.

This goes beyond SipServletMessage.isLocallyRouted() though, as it also give the name of the app.

I think this is very powerful, and addresses the original simple issue as well as some of the more complex use cases that Keith brought up.

So with this new capability for the AR, and also a modification of the DAR behavior - an app sending an initial request with NEW directive will not be invoked by the DAR. Instead the next app in the chain will be invoked - would that address the original issue, and be really simple and address 90% of use cases that users want to handle with the DAR?

Eric

Re: Meeting Notes (and the DAR)

Keith Lewis 03/20/2014

Re: Meeting Notes (and the DAR)