Skip to main content

Text clarification: disableCancelHandling.

  • From: Binod < >
  • To:
  • Subject: Text clarification: disableCancelHandling.
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2014 17:13:12 +0530

Hi All,

Section 12.2.6 of the spec says the following.

<snip>
Method to turn off the automatic CANCEL processing of the container as specified in 13.2.3 Receiving
CANCEL also applies to proxies.
</snip>

To be super clear on the behavior, we can add the following. Let me know if you have any objections.

<snip>
When it is turned off, container neither generate 487 response nor cancel the branches
automatically as previously explained in this section. Application will need to handle such scenarios explicitly,
for example, when it is invoked with the CANCEL request.
</snip>

thanks,
Binod.

Text clarification: disableCancelHandling.

Binod 07/22/2014