Skip to main content

FYI. Tasks can be CDI beans.

  • From: Binod < >
  • To:
  • Subject: FYI. Tasks can be CDI beans.
  • Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2013 11:44:48 +0530

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [jsr236-experts] Re: CDI issue from EE7 platform EG [was Re: JSR 236]
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2013 14:36:32 -0800
From: Anthony Lai ">< >
To: "> , Pete Muir ">< >

Thanks. Would it help if we change the following point from:

- CDI beans with a scope of @ApplicationScoped or @Dependent can be used
as tasks, as long as the tasks can run into completion before the
application is destroyed.

to:

- CDI beans with a scope of @ApplicationScoped or @Dependent can be used
as tasks. However, it is still possible that the task could be running
beyond the lifecycle of the submitting component, such as when the
component is destroyed.

Regards
Anthony

On 2/21/13 1:50 PM,

      ">
       wrote:
> Ok, but I think we should make it clear for all scopes that the
> possibility of a task running outside of the lifecycle of the submitter
> may exist.

FYI. Tasks can be CDI beans.

Binod 02/26/2013