Skip to main content

Re: Meeting Notes

  • From: "Lewis, Keith" < >
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: Meeting Notes
  • Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2013 02:09:17 +0000

Thrupoint has also has been preparing a B2B proposal.
It is based on the methods discussed at the F2F.

Keith

On Thu, Mar 7, 2013 at 7:30 AM, Binod < " target="_blank"> > wrote:
Attendees:   Dan, Wei, Eric, Brian, Jonas, George, Binod (Sorry, if I missed anyone).

Minutes:

- Brian reminded us that a product need to pass TCK for JSR 236, if it claims
  compliance with that API. This is true for any JSR.

- We discussed dialog termination. EG does not seem to have a clear preference on
  whether we support automatic termination of dialogs or not. We will go with
  option 1 mentioned in the "SIP Dialog termination proposal" e-mail thread for EDR.
  Eric will update the dialog termination proposal and send it out.

- We then had a discussion on getInitiaingWebSession proposal for sip/websocket.
  This api will work for SIP Servlets only if it is executed in the converged application
  where the websocket connection is created so that HttpSession is not shared between
  different applications.

- There was a question on whether the current SipApplicationSession.getSession api
  can be used instead. However, there can be multiple SipApplicationSessions crated
  for the messages arriving in the websocket connection. Forcing all sip messages to
  a single sipapplicationsession may be limiting the API too much.

- Jonas mentioned that another way such an application may be designed is by letting
  the browser do the coordination logic rather than it being done in the server. However
  that is only a design option for the developer.

- The discussion then drifted a bit to how webrtc work and how does sip/websocket help
  in traversing firewalls etc.

- Binod will write up some usecases that explain the use of sharing http session information
  with sipservlets so that we have a better perspective on the issue.

- Brian informed that Nitzan/Brian will be presenting a B2B proposal next week. That
  will be added to the agenda.

--------------------
Note: The information contained in this message may be privileged and confidential
and protected from disclosure. If the reader of this message is not the intended
recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or
communication in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message and
deleting it from your computer. Thank you. Thrupoint, Inc.
nXaR2cC3

Meeting Notes

Binod 03/07/2013

Re: Meeting Notes

Lewis, Keith 03/08/2013

Updated dialog termination proposal Re: Meeting Notes

Eric Cheung 03/11/2013

Re: Updated dialog termination proposal Re: Meeting Notes

binod pg 03/12/2013

Re: Updated dialog termination proposal Re: Meeting Notes

Eric Cheung 03/13/2013

<Possible follow-up(s)>

Meeting Notes

binod pg 03/14/2013