Skip to main content

Re: Updated dialog termination proposal Re: Meeting Notes

  • From: Eric Cheung < >
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: Updated dialog termination proposal Re: Meeting Notes
  • Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2013 07:21:01 -0400

On 3/12/13 10:59 AM, binod pg wrote:
Hi Eric,

Thanks.

- We should probably update the AutomaticProcessingListener to accept
SipServletRequest/SipServletResponse instead
of SipServletMessage.

Ah, sorry, I missed this change from the meeting. So there should be 4 methods:

  void outgoingRequest(SipServletRequest request)
This method is invoked before the container sends a SIP request. The application may modify the request in-place.

  void outgoingResponse(SipServletResponse response)
This method is invoked before the container sends a SIP response. The application may modify the response in-place.

   void incomingRequest(SipServletRequest request)
This method is invoked when the container receives a SIP request.

   void incomingResponse(SipServletResponse response)
This method is invoked when the container receives a SIP response.

- Since we are leaning on explicit termination of dialogs, I thought, we
decided that, we can allow AutomaticProcessingListener
to be specified declaratively like other listeners.

Actually, I thought the decision was, since there is only explicit termination of dialog, the application can always supply the listener in terminateDialog(), and therefore it does not need to be specified by annotation or in the DD.

The rationale for passing in AutomaticProcessingListener is so that different SipSessions may have different listeners, and also the listener can be changed programmatically. I believe it is more flexible this way.

thanks,
Binod.

On 3/11/2013 9:48 PM, Eric Cheung wrote:

Attached is v0.3 of the proposal updated to address the discussion in
the last few weeks. The change bars are from the previous version.

Thanks
Eric

On Thu, 7 Mar 2013, Binod wrote:

- We discussed dialog termination. EG does not seem to have a clear
preference on
whether we support automatic termination of dialogs or not. We will
go with
option 1 mentioned in the "SIP Dialog termination proposal" e-mail
thread for EDR.
Eric will update the dialog termination proposal and send it out.

Meeting Notes

Binod 03/07/2013

Re: Meeting Notes

Lewis, Keith 03/08/2013

Updated dialog termination proposal Re: Meeting Notes

Eric Cheung 03/11/2013

Re: Updated dialog termination proposal Re: Meeting Notes

binod pg 03/12/2013

Re: Updated dialog termination proposal Re: Meeting Notes

Eric Cheung 03/13/2013

<Possible follow-up(s)>

Meeting Notes

binod pg 03/14/2013