Skip to main content

Re: SIP over websocket draft.

  • From: "Lewis, Keith" < >
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: SIP over websocket draft.
  • Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2013 16:45:55 +0000

This sound difficult to implement and it is not clear that it is needed.

The http sessions are accessed by via the jsessionid.
A web container expects to get the jsessionid cookie in every message and so would not normally have it stored.

We already have the method SipApplicationSession.getSession(id, Protocol.HTTP) which can locate a particular http session. The sessionId can be passed from the client in a SIP message.

Keith

On Tue, Mar 5, 2013 at 6:48 AM, Binod < " target="_blank"> > wrote:
Hi folks,

To follow up on our discussion in the last meeting, here is
my proposal on handling converged application scenario.

Note that this is applicable only for converged containers.
Standalone SIP containers are not required to support this
feature.

Usecase:

It is often useful for developers who embed sip web socket server
endpoints into a larger web application (eg: a webrtc app) to be
able to share information on a per client basis between the web
resources (JSPs, JSFs, Servlets for example) and the web socket
endpoints servicing that client. Because web socket connections
are initiated with an http request, there is an association between
the HttpSession under which a client is operating and any web
sockets that are established within that HttpSession.

Proposal:

Add a method in SipSessionsUtil to retrieve the HttpSession.
HttpSession httpSession = ssu.getInitiatingWebSession(sipSession);

Let me know what do you think.

thanks,
Binod.

On Wednesday 27 February 2013 08:58 PM, Binod wrote:
Hi,

Please find a draft version of SIP over websocket support attached.
This is as per the discussions we had in the F2F.

However, I am thinking, if we should have a way to obtain HTTP Session
that originated the websocket traffic to the application. That can help
developers write interesting converged application that use HTTP and SIP
together.

thanks,
Binod.

--------------------
Note: The information contained in this message may be privileged and confidential
and protected from disclosure. If the reader of this message is not the intended
recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or
communication in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message and
deleting it from your computer. Thank you. Thrupoint, Inc.
nXaR2cC3

Re: SIP over websocket draft.

Binod 03/05/2013

Re: SIP over websocket draft.

Binod 03/06/2013

Re: SIP over websocket draft.

Lewis, Keith 03/06/2013

getInitiatingWebSession [Re: SIP over websocket draft.]

Binod 03/07/2013

Re: getInitiatingWebSession [Re: SIP over websocket draft.]

Lewis, Keith 03/08/2013

Re: getInitiatingWebSession [Re: SIP over websocket draft.]

Binod 03/08/2013

Re: getInitiatingWebSession [Re: SIP over websocket draft.]

binod pg 03/13/2013

Re: getInitiatingWebSession [Re: SIP over websocket draft.]

Lewis, Keith 03/18/2013

Re: getInitiatingWebSession [Re: SIP over websocket draft.]

Binod 03/19/2013

Re: getInitiatingWebSession [Re: SIP over websocket draft.]

George Vagenas 03/20/2013

Re: getInitiatingWebSession [Re: SIP over websocket draft.]

George Vagenas 03/20/2013

Re: getInitiatingWebSession [Re: SIP over websocket draft.]

binod pg 03/20/2013