Skip to main content

Re: SIP over websocket draft.

  • From: Binod < >
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: SIP over websocket draft.
  • Date: Thu, 07 Mar 2013 14:43:24 +0530

On Wednesday 06 March 2013 10:02 PM, Lewis, Keith wrote:
" type="cite">Some comments

1.2: Will we make support for getLocalWebsocketURL() manadatory or optional i.e. will containers be able to always return null for a websocket connection if they do not have the means to get the data?
The intention is to make it mandatory. Assuming the container support websockets, why would this information be not
available?
" type="cite">
1.5: On reflection providing access to the principal outside the context of an http request seems like a security hazard. The credentials or an equivalent token must be present in each http request. There should similarly be credentials in each SIP request if required in the sip.xml descriptor. The credentials should be rechecked by the SIP container rather than being transferred from the web container.
The point about security is interesting, especially if the applications does not have any
trust relationship.

I did not understand part of what you are saying
<snip>
The credentials or an equivalent token must be present in each http request. There should similarly be credentials in each SIP request if required in the sip.xml descriptor. The credentials should be rechecked by the SIP container rather than being transferred from the web container.
</snip>

Could you please explain a bit more? Are you saying that we should discard the
authentication at the webcontainer and force authentication at SIP protocol level instead?

thanks,
Binod.

" type="cite">
Keith

On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 3:28 PM, Binod < " target="_blank"> > wrote:
Hi,

Please find a draft version of SIP over websocket support attached.
This is as per the discussions we had in the F2F.

However, I am thinking, if we should have a way to obtain HTTP Session
that originated the websocket traffic to the application. That can help
developers write interesting converged application that use HTTP and SIP
together.

thanks,
Binod.

--------------------
Note: The information contained in this message may be privileged and confidential
and protected from disclosure. If the reader of this message is not the intended
recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or
communication in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message and
deleting it from your computer. Thank you. Thrupoint, Inc.
nXaR2cC3

Re: getInitiatingWebSession [Re: SIP over websocket draft.]

(continued)

Re: getInitiatingWebSession [Re: SIP over websocket draft.]

Lewis, Keith 03/08/2013

Re: getInitiatingWebSession [Re: SIP over websocket draft.]

Binod 03/08/2013

Re: getInitiatingWebSession [Re: SIP over websocket draft.]

binod pg 03/13/2013

Re: getInitiatingWebSession [Re: SIP over websocket draft.]

Lewis, Keith 03/18/2013

Re: getInitiatingWebSession [Re: SIP over websocket draft.]

Binod 03/19/2013

Re: getInitiatingWebSession [Re: SIP over websocket draft.]

George Vagenas 03/20/2013

Re: getInitiatingWebSession [Re: SIP over websocket draft.]

George Vagenas 03/20/2013

Re: getInitiatingWebSession [Re: SIP over websocket draft.]

binod pg 03/20/2013

Re: getInitiatingWebSession [Re: SIP over websocket draft.]

George Vagenas 03/20/2013

Re: SIP over websocket draft.

Lewis, Keith 03/06/2013

Re: SIP over websocket draft.