Skip to main content

[xwin-discuss] Looking for gui access from Solaris 11 non-global zone

  • From: Paul Gauthier < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [xwin-discuss] Looking for gui access from Solaris 11 non-global zone
  • Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2013 15:34:23 -0600

Hi All,

Hope this is the correct alias.

Cu has a T5240 running S11 with an S11 non-global zone.
He wants to install a gui in the ngz.
I suggested installing solaris-desktop but he said while he was able to install it in the global zone, he could not in the ngz.  And I verified it failed for me too.  (Should have tested it first.   )

Anyway, I know an X server won't work in a ngz, but how can we get X clients installed in one?
Or in other words, is there a set of packages with X clients or would they have to be installed individually?

Thanks.
Paul

[xwin-discuss] Looking for gui access from Solaris 11 non-global zone

Paul Gauthier 03/15/2013