Skip to main content

Re: zfs list reports wrong size when working with files

  • From: Ian Collins < >
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: zfs list reports wrong size when working with files
  • Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2013 20:12:43 +1300

Peter Wood wrote:
I've been testing zfs configurations on OI 151a7 using 128MB files and I noticed that I'm getting the wrong pool sizes when using raidz.

<snip>

errors: No known data errors
root@oiserver1:~#
root@oiserver1:~# zpool list mypool
NAME     SIZE  ALLOC   FREE  EXPANDSZ    CAP  DEDUP  HEALTH  ALTROOT
mypool   492M   484K   492M         -     0%  1.00x  ONLINE  -
root@oiserver1:~#
==========

With raidz3 I'm expecting the size of 4 drives pool to be equal to the size of one drive but in the example above "zpool list" reported size that is close to a stripe configuration.

zpool list reports the total storage, not the pool size. Use zfs list to see the available space.

--
Ian.

zfs list reports wrong size when working with files

Peter Wood 04/02/2013

Re: zfs list reports wrong size when working with files

Ian Collins 04/02/2013

Re: zfs list reports wrong size when working with files

Peter Wood 04/02/2013

Re: zfs list reports wrong size when working with files

Eric Sproul 04/02/2013

Re: zfs list reports wrong size when working with files

Cindy Swearingen 04/02/2013

Re: zfs list reports wrong size when working with files

Peter Wood 04/02/2013

Re: zfs list reports wrong size when working with files

Tim Kennedy 04/02/2013