Skip to main content

Re: ZFS sharing options have changed in Solaris 11

  • From: Andrew Brooks < >
  • To: Cindy Swearingen < >
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: ZFS sharing options have changed in Solaris 11
  • Date: Wed, 29 May 2013 16:34:57 +0100

On 28 May 2013 15:27, Cindy Swearingen < " target="_blank"> > wrote:
http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E26502_01/html/E29007/gayne.html#scrolltoc
Some shared filed systems that were transitioned to S11.1 had some
issues with the auto share property so I can provide more specific
direction, but start with the above link first.

Thanks for the helpful link. There's a few issues that I am reporting:

1) there's three types of syntax (but as you say they are all documented)

2) the sharing commands need to be applied to every zfs filesystem, it's not inherited
(if I remember right the old solaris 10 method was inherited)

3) the sharing is not persistent across reboots,
the "zfs set share=name=etc" commands have to be re-run after rebooting

4) when you run "zfs get share filesystemname" the output is empty,
it doesn't show what you've just set with "zfs set share=name=etc".
Presumably that's also the cause of problem 3.

Andrew

ZFS sharing options have changed in Solaris 11

Andrew Brooks 05/27/2013

Re: ZFS sharing options have changed in Solaris 11

Cindy Swearingen 05/28/2013

Re: ZFS sharing options have changed in Solaris 11

Andrew Brooks 05/29/2013

Re: ZFS sharing options have changed in Solaris 11

Cindy Swearingen 05/29/2013

Re: ZFS sharing options have changed in Solaris 11

Casper . Dik 05/29/2013

Re: ZFS sharing options have changed in Solaris 11

Robin P. Blanchard 05/29/2013

Re: ZFS sharing options have changed in Solaris 11

Robin P. Blanchard 05/30/2013

Re: ZFS sharing options have changed in Solaris 11

Casper . Dik 05/31/2013

Re: ZFS sharing options have changed in Solaris 11

Cindy Swearingen 05/29/2013

Re: ZFS sharing options have changed in Solaris 11

Casper . Dik 05/29/2013

Re: ZFS sharing options have changed in Solaris 11

Chris Ridd 05/30/2013