Re: Where in the JMX specification does it describe how properties in the ObjectName results in hierarchical folders?

  • From: Tomas Hurka <tomas.hurka@...>
  • To: users@...
  • Subject: Re: Where in the JMX specification does it describe how properties in the ObjectName results in hierarchical folders?
  • Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2014 11:03:10 +0100

Hi David,

On 27 Dec 2013, at 20:27, KARR, DAVID wrote:
[..]
> Ok, so taking all of this into account, would you say this is a reasonable
> statement of the algorithm used to build the tree?  It doesn't matter if
> the code does exactly these steps, just whether it would end up with the
> same result in the end.
> --------------
> Get ObjectName properties into a list.
> Sort list in alphabetical order of the property keys.
> If a property key of "j2eeType" is in the list, move it to the first entry,
> pushing others down.
> If a property key of "type" is in the list, move it to the first entry,
> pushing others down.
> Using resulting sorted list, create a tree node for each property, with the
> property value being the node name, and the last property in the list being
> the leaf node for the actual mbean.
> --------------
Right, this summarize, how I understand the code with one exception. I don't
think ObjectName properties list is sorted in alphabetical order. The order
is just how the key,property pairs are specified in ObjectName properties
list string.

Bye,
--
Tomas Hurka   <mailto:tomas.hurka@...>
NetBeans Profiler http://profiler.netbeans.org

Re: Where in the JMX specification does it describe how properties in the ObjectName results in hierarchical folders?

Tomas Hurka 01/02/2014

Re: Where in the JMX specification does it describe how properties in the ObjectName results in hierarchical folders?

Jess Holle 01/02/2014

RE: Where in the JMX specification does it describe how properties in the ObjectName results in hierarchical folders?

KARR, DAVID 01/02/2014

Re: Where in the JMX specification does it describe how properties in the ObjectName results in hierarchical folders?

Kirk Pepperdine 01/02/2014

RE: Where in the JMX specification does it describe how properties in the ObjectName results in hierarchical folders?

KARR, DAVID 01/02/2014

Re: Where in the JMX specification does it describe how properties in the ObjectName results in hierarchical folders?

Jess Holle 01/02/2014

Re: Where in the JMX specification does it describe how properties in the ObjectName results in hierarchical folders?

Kirk Pepperdine 01/02/2014

Re: Where in the JMX specification does it describe how properties in the ObjectName results in hierarchical folders?

Jess Holle 01/02/2014
Terms of Use; Privacy Policy; Copyright ©2013-2016 (revision 20160708.bf2ac18)