VisualVM has moved to GitHub!

Re: How to take snapshot for the external visualvm plugins

  • From: Jiri Sedlacek <jiri.sedlacek@...>
  • To: users@...
  • Cc: sattishv@...
  • Subject: Re: How to take snapshot for the external visualvm plugins
  • Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2014 11:31:01 +0100

Hi Sattish,

VisualVM provides API for saving data into application snapshots. This is implemented by the Overview, Monitor and Threads tabs.

To save data from plugins, the plugins must be changed to use this API (or provide custom snapshots like the Sampler/Profiler). You should contact the plugins vendors to request this feature.

Regards,
Jiri

On 1/23/2014 10:32 AM, sattishv@... wrote:
Hi Team,

As of now we could take snapshot only for sampler,threads and Monitor.
We want to know how we can save charts confined to Memory Pool View and
other plugins ex:spyglass gc monitor etc.An option to save chart data
can helps us to do analysis offline. Could you please help us.

Thanks
Sattish

How to take snapshot for the external visualvm plugins

sattishv 01/23/2014

Re: How to take snapshot for the external visualvm plugins

Jiri Sedlacek 01/23/2014
Terms of Use; Privacy Policy; Copyright ©2013-2016 (revision 20160708.bf2ac18)