RE: VisualVM 1.3.7 Released
- From: "KARR, DAVID" <dk068x@...>
- To: "users@..." <users@...>
- Subject: RE: VisualVM 1.3.7 Released
- Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2014 17:00:41 +0000
- Accept-language: en-US
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Jiri Sedlacek [mailto:jiri.sedlacek@...]
> Sent: Thursday, January 23, 2014 4:33 AM
> To: KARR, DAVID
> Cc: users@...
> Subject: Re: VisualVM 1.3.7 Released
> On 1/23/2014 12:42 AM, KARR, DAVID wrote:
> >> -----Original Message-----
> >> From: Jiri Sedlacek [mailto:jiri.sedlacek@...]
> >> Sent: Wednesday, January 22, 2014 10:39 AM
> >> To: announce@...
> >> Cc: users@...
> >> Subject: VisualVM 1.3.7 Released
> >> We would like to announce the availability of VisualVM 1.3.7.
> >> VisualVM 1.3.7 introduces these enhancements:
> >> * HeapWalker displays logical values of fields and preview for UI
> >> components
> >> * CPU Hot Spots views provide total times
> >> * Threads profiling now tracks Park state
> >> * Added support for JMX connections which don't require SSL
> >> * Removed calibration on first VisualVM startup, target JVMs are
> >> only when needed
> >> * Built on NetBeans Platform & profiler 7.4
> > I've been using 1.3.6 for a while. I had several plugins installed.
> > When I ran 1.3.7, the first thing I did was install some of the plugins.
> When I restarted, it said I had no plugins installed. I tried it again,
> installing one plugin and restarting. No plugin.
> > Could this be a local system configuration problem?
> Hi David,
> we haven't seen such problems when testing 1.3.7 before release, looks like
> setup issue on your side.
> Were the plugins fully downloaded, did the VisualVM restart after their
> Check the VisualVM logfile (Help | About | Logfile) for any problems and
> verify that the
> original 1.3.6 and 1.3.7 don't share the same user/cache directory (Help |
> About | Details).
> Please let me know the result.
There's something seriously weird going on here.
I can confirm that 1.3.6 and 1.3.7 are independent.
This morning, I tried to reinstall just the mbeans plugin, which reported a
failure. The log showed odd errors, like timing out attempting to connect to
my own IP address. I then restarted and tried to install it again. This
time it worked. I didn't do anything differently.
I also note that the main window was showing "Computing Description" for
quite a long time before finally showing the local process list.
At this point I started a process I wanted to monitor (WebLogic), and I saw
some very odd things in the WebLogic log, like this:
WARNING: RMI TCP Accept-0: accept loop for
java.io.IOException: The server sockets created using the
LocalRMIServerSocketFactory only accept connections from clients running on
the host where the RMI remote objects have been exported.
When I tried to open the MBeans tab on the connected process in VisualVM, it
said "Data not available because JMX connection to the JMX agent could not be
I then tried this same set of steps with VisualVM 1.3.6, and it worked
perfectly fine. Note that I don't have as many plugins installed in the
1.3.7 instance as in the 1.3.6 instance.
RE: VisualVM 1.3.7 Released