Skip to main content

[jsr356-experts] Re: [jsr356-users] License for RI API

  • From: Jitendra Kotamraju < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [jsr356-experts] Re: [jsr356-users] License for RI API
  • Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2012 16:02:28 -0800

Thanks for pointing it out, that need to be fixed. They should have the standard GlassFish license as in other RI files[1]

Jitu
[1] http://java.net/projects/tyrus/sources/source-code-repository/content/trunk/containers/tyrus-servlet/src/main/java/org/glassfish/tyrus/servlet/WebSocketServlet.java?rev=195

On 11/7/12 3:31 PM, Greg Wilkins wrote:
" type="cite">
Danny,

the pom.xml file for the API says that it can be distributed under either CDDL or GPLv2

However the individual files only list GPLv2 in their headers.

This makes it rather difficult to use/distribute the API with things that are either GPL incompatible (or just GPL phobic if not actually incompatible).

Would it be possible to dual licence the API?   As it is we are working with our own version that we have reverse engineered from the published documentation - but that is hardly a good way to go as we are already several changes behind.

regards

PS. Due to the time pressures of getting IP clearance through the eclipse process, this is probably critical path for us to do an eclipse release of jetty with an RFC implementation in Q1 2013 - seriously!

--
Greg Wilkins < " target="_blank"> >
http://www.webtide.com

[jsr356-experts] License for RI API

Greg Wilkins 11/07/2012

[jsr356-experts] Re: [jsr356-users] License for RI API

Jitendra Kotamraju 11/08/2012

[jsr356-experts] Re: [jsr356-users] Re: License for RI API

Jitendra Kotamraju 11/11/2012