Skip to main content

[jsr356-experts] Re: Ideas for narrowing scope

  • From: Danny Coward < >
  • To:
  • Cc: Greg Wilkins < >
  • Subject: [jsr356-experts] Re: Ideas for narrowing scope
  • Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2012 16:59:24 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks Scott and Greg.

So its looking like we will drop the extensions SPI for this version.

What do others feel about the client API ?

On 11/1/12 3:15 PM, Greg Wilkins wrote:
" type="cite">

On 25 October 2012 12:16, Danny Coward < " target="_blank"> > wrote:
The support for extensions in the Early Draft includes support for web socket extensions in two ways:-

1) The ability to list installed extensions by name, and provide an extension matching algorithm in the opening handshake. (see e.g. ServerEndpointConfiguration)
2) The ability to create a (portable) web socket extension written in Java, and to install it in any JSR 356 implementation. (see, e.g. Extension, FrameBuilder)

I see that most extensions are going to be between browser implementations and server implementations.  I see very little need for application provided protocol extensions ( which is almost an oxymoron!)
So deferring 2 is good - maybe even indefinitely.

cheers

--
Greg Wilkins < " target="_blank"> >
http://www.webtide.com

[jsr356-experts] Re: Ideas for narrowing scope

Greg Wilkins 11/01/2012

[jsr356-experts] Re: Ideas for narrowing scope

Danny Coward 11/03/2012

[jsr356-experts] Re: Ideas for narrowing scope

Justin Lee 11/03/2012

[jsr356-experts] Client API: was Re: Ideas for narrowing scope

Danny Coward 11/08/2012

[jsr356-experts] Re: Client API: was Re: Ideas for narrowing scope

Scott Ferguson 11/09/2012

[jsr356-experts] Re: Client API: was Re: Ideas for narrowing scope

Danny Coward 11/10/2012

[jsr356-experts] Re: Client API: was Re: Ideas for narrowing scope

Scott Ferguson 11/10/2012

[jsr356-experts] Re: Client API: was Re: Ideas for narrowing scope

Danny Coward 11/13/2012

[jsr356-experts] Re: Client API: was Re: Ideas for narrowing scope

Joakim Erdfelt 11/13/2012

[jsr356-experts] Re: [jsr356-users] Re: Client API: was Re: Ideas for narrowing scope

Scott Ferguson 11/13/2012

[jsr356-experts] Re: Client API: was Re: Ideas for narrowing scope

Danny Coward 11/15/2012

[jsr356-experts] Re: Client API: was Re: Ideas for narrowing scope

Scott Ferguson 11/19/2012