Skip to main content

[jsr356-experts] RemoteEndpoint setAutoFlush() and flush()

  • From: Danny Coward < >
  • To:
  • Cc:
  • Subject: [jsr356-experts] RemoteEndpoint setAutoFlush() and flush()
  • Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2012 11:34:30 -0800

My apologies Scott, I must have missed your original request - I've logged this as issue 63.

So auto flush true would require the implementation never keep anything in a send buffer, false would allow it ?

It seems like a reasonable request - do you think the autoflush property is a per-peer setting / per logical endpoint / per container setting ? I'm wondering if typically developers will want to set this once per application rather than keep setting it per RemoteEndpoint.

- Danny

On 11/28/12 3:28 PM, Scott Ferguson wrote:
" type="cite">
I'd like a setAutoFlush() and flush() on RemoteEndpoint for high performance messaging. Defaults to true, which is the current behavior.

The performance difference is on the order of 5-7 times as many messages in some early micro-benchmarks. It's a big improvement and puts us near the high-speed messaging like ZeroQ.

[jsr356-experts] RemoteEndpoint setAutoFlush() and flush()

Scott Ferguson 11/28/2012

[jsr356-experts] RemoteEndpoint setAutoFlush() and flush()

Danny Coward 11/29/2012

[jsr356-experts] Re: RemoteEndpoint setAutoFlush() and flush()

Scott Ferguson 11/29/2012