Skip to main content

[jsr356-users] [jsr356-experts] Re: Re: Summary: Web Socket Sessions in Distributed Servers

  • From: Danny Coward < >
  • To:
  • Cc: Mark Thomas < >
  • Subject: [jsr356-users] [jsr356-experts] Re: Re: Summary: Web Socket Sessions in Distributed Servers
  • Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2012 15:38:45 -0800

Hi Mark,

On 12/7/12 9:50 AM, Mark Thomas wrote:
" type="cite">
On 07/12/2012 02:12, Danny Coward wrote:
So I think that means websocket applications that are 'distributable'
should not
- use static variables or local filesystems to store application state
(use a database instead)
- put non Serializable data in websocket Sessions

Let me know if you have more things you think the specification should
define for deployments on distributed servers.
That implies some API changes. Session and MessageHandler will need to
implement Serializable.
I think containers that are distributable will need to implement the Session interface with a class that is serializable, and..yes I think developers writing MessageHandlers that they would like to work in a distributed container will need to make them Serializable.

Not all containers will be distributed, and not all distributed containers will do failover. So I don't think we need to make everyone do it.

" type="cite">
 I'm guessing that RemoteEndpoint and
ClientContainer can be reconstructed post fail-over.

Do we want to add anything along the lines of
HttpSessionActivationListener? My guess is that if it is required for
HttpSEssion then we'll probably need it for the user properties map.
Yes be probably should.

- Danny
" type="cite">

Mark

[jsr356-users] [jsr356-experts] Summary: Web Socket Sessions in Distributed Servers

Danny Coward 12/07/2012

[jsr356-users] [jsr356-experts] Re: Summary: Web Socket Sessions in Distributed Servers

Mark Thomas 12/07/2012

[jsr356-users] [jsr356-experts] Re: Re: Summary: Web Socket Sessions in Distributed Servers