Skip to main content

[jsr356-users] Re: [jsr356-experts] Re: Package naming and arrangement

  • From: Arun Gupta < >
  • To: Danny Coward < >
  • Cc:
  • Subject: [jsr356-users] Re: [jsr356-experts] Re: Package naming and arrangement
  • Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2012 13:52:15 -0800

Danny,

I think producing two formal JARs would make sense. I don't know if it would break the JCP rules in any sense. Also, don't know if there are any precedence for that.

I'm watching the issue and will track it there.

Arun

On 12/12/12 1:49 PM, Danny Coward wrote:
" type="cite">
On 12/12/12 1:41 PM, Arun Gupta wrote:
" type="cite"> Danny,

cil
" type="cite">
" type="cite"> IMHO the names are intuitive and its only 5 classes. I'd rather keep a flat structure with everything in javax.websocket.* package.
OK. Well we are balancing the need not to require server API classes for rich clients, which really pulls us in the direction of needing a separate package to make the separation between the models clean.
Do you expect two separate JARs for client and server or rich clients to extract the required classes out of a single JAR ?
Hey Arun,

I should think it would be clearest if we produced two separate JARs - one for rich clients with only the javax.websocket.* package in, and one for servers with both packages in. But I haven't looked at how other specs manage this yet, so there may be reasons to do it differently. What do you think ?

I'm going to track it in: http://java.net/jira/browse/WEBSOCKET_SPEC-72

- Danny

" type="cite">
Arun
" type="cite">
We may well have more server specific classes in future releases too !

http://twitter.com/arungupta
http://blogs.oracle.com/arungupta

http://twitter.com/arungupta
http://blogs.oracle.com/arungupta

[jsr356-users] [jsr356-experts] Re: Package naming and arrangement

Danny Coward 12/12/2012

[jsr356-users] [jsr356-experts] Re: Package naming and arrangement

Mark Thomas 12/12/2012

[jsr356-users] Re: [jsr356-experts] Re: Package naming and arrangement

Arun Gupta 12/12/2012