Skip to main content

[jsr356-users] Re: [jsr356-experts] v009 Draft

  • From: Jordi Mariné Fort < >
  • To:
  • Cc: Danny Coward < >
  • Subject: [jsr356-users] Re: [jsr356-experts] v009 Draft
  • Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2012 18:56:41 +0100

I think the "publishServer" method parameter in ServerContainer class should be modified: instead of receiving a "class" (that was needed in revision 49 to create an endpoint instance per peer), it wouldn't be more useful now to receive a ServerEndpointConfiguration instance object?

Supposing it had the following method's signature:

void publishServer(ServerEndpointConfiguration config)

throws DeploymentException;

Then, it could be possible to register the same endpoint type with many different configurations.

theServerContainer.publishServer(new MyChatRoomServerEndpointConfiguration("/room1"));

theServerContainer.publishServer(new MyChatRoomServerEndpointConfiguration("/room2"));

On the other side, the ContainerProvider in the "trunk" of the "websocket-spec" project defines strange system property names in the constants SERVER_CLASSNAME_PROPERTYNAME/CLIENT_CLASSNAME_PROPERTYNAME ("webocket.*" instead of "websocket.*").

Thank you.

On Tuesday, December 04, 2012 05:17:16 PM Danny Coward wrote:

Hi folks,

I posted a v009 draft of the specification. There's a change log in it, but I wanted to get something out to keep up with a number of issues that we have resolved.

We'll tag the workspace in the next day or so to v009 for those of you following closely.

I know we have a number of issues still to be nailed down, I will be posting over the next couple of days on those.

- Danny

Highlight of changes

Restricted the number of MessageHandlers that can be registered per Session to one per native websocket message type: text, binary, pong.
Added user property Map to Session.
Loosened the restrictions on @WebSocketMessage method parameters: now these methods can take any parameters that can be mapped to one of the MessageHandler types.
Refactored Endpoint and EndpointConfiguration and added EndpointFactory so that Endpoint instances can share state.

[jsr356-users] [jsr356-experts] v009 Draft

Danny Coward 12/05/2012

[jsr356-users] Re: [jsr356-experts] v009 Draft

Jordi Mariné Fort 12/05/2012
Please Confirm