Skip to main content

Re: Problem with rpcbind in Solaris 9 branded zone

  • From: Michael Weis < >
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: Problem with rpcbind in Solaris 9 branded zone
  • Date: Tue, 07 May 2013 18:31:06 +0200

Hi Ed,

thank you for this hint!

I will give it a try.

Regards,

Michael

schrieb Edward Pilatowicz:
" type="cite">
this could be:

    15606720 SUNBT6905596-SOLARIS_9 rpcbind in S9 branded zones doesn't reply to UDP requests

which as best as i can tell was introduced in 112960-67 and fixed in
122301-63.

ed

On Mon, May 06, 2013 at 10:29:18AM +0000,

      ">
       wrote:
Hi all,

I have a customer who develops communication Software on Solaris 9, 10
& 11.
He has a RPC based Program which doesn't work in a Solaris 9 Branded
Zone. The client calls the portmapper with "clnt_create" and receives a

timeout. At Solaris 10 & 11 systems everything works fine.

A rpcinfo shows that RPC programs are registered at rpcbind:

# rpcinfo -p sol9dev
     program vers proto   port	service
      100000	4   tcp    111	rpcbind
      100000	3   tcp    111	rpcbind
      100000	2   tcp    111	rpcbind
      100000	4   udp    111	rpcbind
      100000	3   udp    111	rpcbind
      100000	2   udp    111	rpcbind
      100021	1   udp   4045	nlockmgr
      100024	1   udp  32830	status
      100021	2   udp   4045	nlockmgr
      100024	1   tcp  32843	status
      100021	3   udp   4045	nlockmgr
      100021	4   udp   4045	nlockmgrproblem
      100021	1   tcp   4045	nlockmgr

The student told me that they developed on physical solaris 9 systems
earlier with no problems.
Are there any known problems/restrictions with rpcbind in a Solaris 9
branded zone? What can I do to track the problem?

Thank you & regards,

Michael

Problem with rpcbind in Solaris 9 branded zone

crawford97 05/06/2013

Re: Problem with rpcbind in Solaris 9 branded zone

Edward Pilatowicz 05/06/2013

Re: Problem with rpcbind in Solaris 9 branded zone

Michael Weis 05/07/2013